Bixby Features and How to Remove or Disable Bixby from Samsung S8 / S8+ Home Screen
Samsungs new voice assistant is called ‘Bixby’, but it does a lot more than speech recognition.
So what are the features of Bixby for the Samsung?
- You can talk to Bixby by giving voice commands to your phone.
- Bixby will use your location for weather reports
- Bixby will interact with your camera. When you take a photo it identifies the image and proposes products you can buy or similar images.
- It also manages reminders. You can use the share features in apps to save stuff like blogs or messages from friends, that you can read later.
- There is a dedicated Bixby button on the left hand side of the phone under the volume button. Click this twice and you will get Bixby fly into focus.
If you find Bixby a little too in your face, you can re-configure Bixby and the Bixby Home Page
Samsung replaced the briefing page with Bixby Home page for the Samsung Galaxy S8. Samsung Bixby is actually a useful new feature in Galaxy S8 and S8+, but Samsung have crow barred Bixby into every orifice of the Galaxy S8 and S8+ experience.
You can only remove Bixby Home page from the new Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ home screen, but unlike Briefing, you cannot completely disable Samsung Bixby. You can only remove Bixby from the home screen in Galaxy S8 and S8+.
Just follow these steps:-
Step 1: Enter edit mode for Galaxy S8
Simply, tap on a blank area of the screen. You should see the main windows appear in the centre which are now scrollable.
Step 2: Move to the Bixby Home page window
Next, scroll left and the Bixby home window will appear.
Step 3: Turn off the Bixby Home page
On the top right hand side of the Bixby window, move the switch to the left to turn off Bixby.
I’ve only had my Samsung S8 for a couple of days, so I’m going to give it a fair chance before I relegate Bixby to the sidelines.
Enjoy your Samsung 8.